December 11, 2012

Christmas

I may not have came from a lot growing up. I may not have seen the world or had fancy parties. One thing I grew up with was love. Unconditional no matter what you did kind of love. I remember coming down the stairs at Christmas and no matter how many presents were under the tree it was such a special day full of magic, love and laughter! The Christmas tree sparkled, snow was always a possibility in our minds and there was a hint of magic in the air. Letters to Santa were wrote and mailed with a hope of receiving everything on your list but come Christmas morning that list did not matter and whatever it was that Santa left you was the best present ever! I remember Christmas night when the day was almost over we would always say to each other, this was the best Christmas ever and every year it was! 

I miss the childlike wonder that Christmas represented and slowly with little ones being introduced to our family you can feel it and see it begin again! Letters to Santa are written and our Christmas Eve traditions growing up are passed down to the next generation. Cookies are being left for Santa. It has truly become the most magical day of the year again! You can see in their eyes that every Christmas is the best Christmas!

Every year I know I may be toooooo old for letters to Santa but I still compile my Christmas list in my mind and heart. I have replaced wishes for a new doll with wishes of less pain. I wish that next year less will suffer and more laughter will be heard every where I go. I wish to come across a new special spot to replace the old one because this means I am seeing things again! I wish for my beautiful nieces to continue to grow and express themselves.  I wish for a new beginning for them everyday and hoping that everyday helps to build who they are tomorrow. I wish for my sisters and brothers to enjoy those special moments in their lives that take their breath away. I wish that this time next year we will all be together again, if not in person in our hearts. I wish for new challenges and new beginnings. I wish for the loves of my life to find joy and contentment in their surroundings they find themselves in. I wish for all of us to continue to give unconditional love to the ones in our lives that may need it the most. I wish for my love to continue to grow and open new doors into the future. I wish for more of those small moments you find yourself in when you beg the world to stop for just a minute so you can record everything in that moment in your heart. I wish to dance more and to have the ability to move without the stiffness of the tin man. I wish for just one day that everyone can come home at night and just be with their family and truly have that be enough to fill their hearts until the following night when we get to do it all over again. 

My wishes over the years have become more about love, compassion and growth. I would love to ask for a doll and have that be enough to keep me going until the next year or the next holiday but I have continued to grow. I have realized that time does not stop for anything and those moments that we want to record will never be here again but the memory of those moments will live on and be in our lives just as long as we remember. 

This Christmas take a moment to look around the room at everyone joining you. Listen to the laughter and joy in their voices as the celebration continues. Feel the warmness in your heart and close your eyes. Capture that moment in your heart. Let that moment live in your memory throughout the year and let it remind you that even though Christmas is just one day that comes along each year the love you feel at that moment is forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment