March 1, 2014

New Angel

As I log on to my social media account I am bombarded with smiles of little ones and hopes of a beautiful weekend with snow rolling in tonight. I am reminded that there are people out riding and running before I ever opened my eyes. I see the blessed news of births over the long hours of the night and suddenly I am drawn to a picture. It is a picture of a spunky women with pink hair and a blue shirt. She is happy in this picture and as I scroll down I see more of her on her mountain bike riding through the twists and turns of the forest with the grace of a butterfly. Her smile looks as if it holds a special secret no one else will ever know.As I scroll down and see more and more of her I am taken back but the sudden realization that this angel on earth earned her mountain biking wings today. 

I did not know this women personally and have never met her. What I do know from the people I know who knew her is that she touched so many with her courage and fight. She showed grace and dignity in the fight for her life. She battled her disease with the strength of ten mountain bikers but as so many of us know, our bodies can only do so much and hold up for so long until we to are called for a release and a much needed rest from the weary ways of the world. 

To the women who touched my life today as she left hers here on earth I say thank you. Thank you for fighting and showing courage through a tough battle. Your battle does not end here. Those who are left will pick up your swords of courage and swing them everyday in your memory. Now is your time to rest your weary body and soak up the warmth of the sun on your forever mountain while the wind whips through your new hair. Smell the flowers and taste the rain and whenever you hear a crowd in the distance don't be frightened, just know that everyone down here is still rooting for you to win your never ending race. 




No comments:

Post a Comment