April 26, 2014

Wind Chimes

The sun does not shine today. The wind blows the world around outside of my safe place and small drops speckle the window pane. It is chilly and the world looks so sad out my window.....in a complete moment of chaos. I focus on the song I hear in my head, it is the chime of memories and love. I hear my grandfathers wind chimes.

While Mother Nature throws one more chilly fit I feel warm inside. For the first time in so long I see the sun. Not out my window but in my soul and can feel it radiate from my heart. Could it really be the end of my winter? Has things truly happened for a reason and has life shown me a glimpse of what is really set before me in my path through life? I believe again. I believe in hope, love and family. The fight is over and what is left is complete peace when one let goes and closes one door to only see a glimpse of another door slowly opening. What is on the other side is yet to be seen but I know it holds the key to all of my dreams and happiness. 

I feel like I am standing at that once terrifying ledge of life clinging to the past so I do not dare fall off. Now that the past has been released and I have let myself fall into the unknown the fear has been swept away and what was left is nothing compared to what I am going to find. 

As I fall into the darkness I realize it is not dark at all. There are colors of vibrant blues and shades of meaningful maroons. The tears are no longer falling along the window panes of my life, now they are dry and I feel the glow come back to my cheeks. The wind that first took my breath away fills me with life and reminds me to breathe because with every new breath is the promise of tomorrow.

The fall quickly slows and I realize I am not falling, I am flying at my own will. I choose the direction which I will take. As I look around I am not alone. Isolation smothered me on the ledge but as I now fly I see the faces that have always loved me never left. My mama still calls my name, Lauren and my Mia's smile at me and see nothing but perfection just as I am and an uneasy breath of release is heard from all those who love me. They can see that nothing has ended, instead everything has truly just begun. The hope we could not see through the tears was always there and now with dry, clean eyes and a rested heart it is obvious. Life is not over......it has just begun.


2 comments:

  1. Powerful words. So heartfelt and pure just like all of your blogs but this one is different. This one is coming from a new you. It seems more hopeful and confident. May you fly as high as possible and then fly some more. You deserve every ounce of happiness. I will miss you always.I am proud of you for being true to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love the falling vs. flying. This entry rings true to your heart and goes beyond “optimism”. I just finished reading “The Alchemist”. Have you read it? It’s a beautiful story about finding our treasure and listening to our hearts to find it. I know you will find all of your treasures in life – you have surely found your voice through your beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete