June 27, 2014

Skin and Bones

As I lay down I stare up at what some may say is the bleakness of the void in the darkness presented to us by Mother Nature herself. In the darkness our minds race with worry, sickness and we face our own mortality in the depths of the night We find ourselves alone in a world that races with others and we try to imagine at this exact moment in time our darkness is known as light somewhere other than where we are. Comfort is what we look for in those thoughts and the thought of tomorrow reassures us that in fact we are not at all alone.As I study the night sky and embrace the darkness above me I see the glimmers of light twinkling billions of miles away. There is beauty in the depths of this darkness and light is above us at all times reaching out to us and infusing our eyes with the bit of light that leads to hope. 

I watch as others move through the night sky in silence with no awareness of my presence below. If they knew that somewhere down there someone was watching would they think twice and pause for a moment and wish wellness on the world below? Are they also lost in thought like those restlessly finding their peace in the night? In reality we are all constantly moving through time even when the night engulfs the light of day. Some travel through the skies, some stare at the stars and others toss the night away in the comfort of their own beds. One thing is certain for all of us is that we are all experience the passing of time at the same pace.

Sadness is not found in the night sky for myself and the passing of time does not frighten me. I have embraced the life I have been given and I have accepted the challenges that time has place on my shoulders. I will carry the weight of pain and illness everyday throughout my life. Every night I will throw my worries, fears and thoughts of loss up into the sky. It will be the burden of time that will be placed on the stars and for one moment I will seek relief through the beauty of the darkness and loose it in the void. For a moment I will loose my pain and suffering to the great abyss and as the stars wink back at me I know they are keeping me safe and tomorrows challenges will be met with a restful heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment