August 2, 2012

Test, Test.....One Two.....

Today is when I gather my arsenal of wonderful thoughts, support and just the sense of everything will always be ok. It is the day before a test. Yes, I have more anxiety over medical tests than I ever did in college!!! Those butterflies have been set loose and they are flying through out my body.......calm down little butterflies or you will not get any ice cream! Maybe that will work! Regardless if it works or not, tomorrow will be here in a blink of an eye and I will be on that bed and moved into the realm of medical testing. 

I am not afraid just very anxious. All of my loved ones are holding their breath as we make our way to the end of this series of testing. We sit on the edge of our seat for news of new medications, new diagnosis and new hope. It is not hard to find hope already. Everyone who is in my life and surrounds me physically, emotionally and even thousands of miles away instills this hope in me every moment of everyday. If it was not for this ENORMOUS support group Tim and I would feel so alone and would fight this battle just the two of us but that is not our case! We go into every appointment with each other mentally even when we are so far apart. We go into every appointment with the words of encouragement and love that have been sent to us through warm wishes and kind words. I never go into an appointment alone. I may have no one sitting next to me but I have all of you in my heart.

I will spend my day resting and trying to recover from the infections that have planted themselves in my lungs and sinuses. I will take my shot and rest peaceful until tomorrow's appointment. I will listen to music, watch funny movies and eat as much ice cream as I want.........I am sure you did not no that is how I need to prepare for this six hour test!!!!! It is in the instructions from Mayo Clinic........ok, I can not pull the wool over your eyes but in my mind, that is what they say!

I wanted to share something with all of you. Tim has been training in Albuquerque and Chicago and has been gone far to long. He is unable to physically be here for the next two appointments. It is very important that he knows that we are handling this over here in Arizona. He has been training so hard over the last few months and will be continuing over the upcoming months. Tim has sacrificed so much for our little family. He has saved my life in so many ways. He has loved me during the tough times and has held me through the nights of pain. Tim knows how to make me smile even when I don't want to. Tim is not only my partner in this life but also my the best friend I have ever had! If there truly are angels, Tim is mine and we get through this bumpy road in life in the green 4Runner, bouncing up and down on dirt roads laughing while navigating with our map. Thank you monk........I will carry you with me tomorrow. I will not feel alone because you will be there with me and when I get home friends will be here to surround me and when you get home I will be here to surround you.



https://www.wepay.com/donations/danica-s-doctor-delima

No comments:

Post a Comment