January 28, 2016

What If

The sun warms my arms as I stand at the division in time. Wind blows my sun dress as I contemplate what the next step is. In front of me are choices. Decisions that lay out in front of me written on my heart. A moment of pause freezes time around me. In the stillness and silence all that I can hear are the eyelashes fluttering as I blink. I stumble as time lapses for a single moment. The child in me is ready to soar but the grown up pauses and asks the single most detrimental question to each of us........what if.

My eyes close and time rewinds. Time where what if never existed. Choices were made based on a feeling and questions were left for a later date. The sun never set and joy carried each of us from day to day. We danced free. We loved unconditionally. Judgement had no place in our hearts. Beauty is all we could see and life was full of endless possibilities. 

What if. What if once more we made choices based on our hearts? Everyone was equal and there was once more no room for judgement. What if. What if you actually treated others the way you want to be treated? How time would cease to exist and once more joy would fill your day. Nights would be just another moment to dance through. This is the life I love and a life I choose to live. There is no longer room for what ifs. I only have room for what is. 

Amazing is the moments we live in. It is a gift given to each of us not to be squandered away. These moments are the only ones we have and one day they will be fleeting. Do you want to look back and wonder what you could have done IF you would have chosen differently? Do you want to bask in the eternal glory of the life you actually chose to live? 

Today is a day, a day to dance! It is a day to love as if it is the only thing you have to do. Laugh at moments that you will cling to in the future just to reminisce about today. Beauty is found in everything around you. You must choose to clear the fog from your thoughts and open the eyes of your soul. Then you will see what life truly means and how there is no time for what ifs. Live a life that runs after you and chases you through every waking moment and fills your dreams with such wonder! Life is not built by the things you have in your life but by the people you choose to love. Love them. Love them all and hurt no one. For the bridges you burn today out of anger and hatred may be the bridges that carry you to the path of timeless happiness. 

Be happy......be kind and the smile you have will never be hard to find.




No comments:

Post a Comment