February 6, 2016

You Heal Me

It is Saturday morning and I moving a bit slower than I would like. As I stretch out of bed I hear the creaks and cracks. Instead of pushing it to the point of no return I decide to settle back into the warmth of the morning. I crawl back under the warm covers. I snuggle into the spot that still lingers where I left it. As time passes I look out of my squinty morning eyes and see the day once more for what it truly is. A new day to live, to experience and to create memories that will last me through many more slowly moving mornings.

I find myself able to think in these moments. When I am forced to stay still and focus on everything else in life but the pain that radiates through parts of my body that I never knew existed. This morning was one of those mornings for me. I started "The List". A list of everything I would like to be doing today, right now in this exact moment. The adventures that waited for me outside of my front door called my name. I reached for the handle unable to grasp it. The weakness apparent to my body, heart and soul. Those adventures would have to wait for another time and place. One where I was stronger than I am right now. I rolled over in bed and snuggled in even deeper. I decided I would go on my very own adventure in my very own way. 

I opened my blog and and traveled once more around the world...........

Today my adventure starts in Belgium. I picked brussel sprouts in the fields because they really DO grow in Brussels!!!!! What better way to wash down brussel sprouts that a tour around the country and try the 800 different beers that are made? Everyone knows what goes best after a night of beer tasting.......waking up to tables of chocolate laid out in front of me. Maybe I should live here permanently! Wait, there are so many more adventure yet to come today. Off we go to our next stop.........

Germany is where one side of my family originates from and where I will find the town my married name originates from. To say it has history for me is an understatement! The first thing I will do in Germany is visit the over 700 zoological gardens, aquariums, animal preserves and safari parks. I am an animal lover so I have to stop off at the largest zoo in the world in Berlin, Zoologischer Garden! Whew, after all of the animal watching I am exhausted but hold on tight we are just getting started!

The beauty of Switzerland surrounds me. I am taken back by the towering mountains that surround me. I am in awe of their beauty and of course, THE SNOW! I am not one to ski but I can still appreciate the breathtaking beauty this time of year has to offer. I decide to spend the day on a toboggan run. Wait, I am just in time for the international sled dog race! That is not all.....I take a train to warm my insides before I step out and walk through Top of Europe Ice Magic. I think this is the perfect end to this amazing Winter adventure!

Onto France I go where I have decided to stay inside and enjoy what the warmness has to offer. I tour museum after museum! I see paintings I have only seen in art books. I look into the eyes of the past as it collides with the present. I walk along cobbled streets to taste everything I can find! I listen to the language exchange around me and fall in love with smooth sounds. I venture from the city to see castles and immerse myself in history. Finally I find myself in Corsica. I see once more where the sea touches the sand and my toes dance frantically through the waves. Simplicity has once more calmed my inner turmoil and I finally feel the reset of life. 

My final stop is my most profound. I feel the warm sun kiss my cheeks as I look up at the sun in Israel. I find myself on Biblical land that even I can not grasp. I hike to The Atari Ruins. I am walking in between stone walls that have been in place since the time of the Second Temple. I get lost throughout the Luzit Caves and my adventurous side decides to repel through this maze. I drive through the Judean Hills and get lost in the beauty. I see the shelf like structures built into the hillside where once more they are reviving ways of ancient agriculture. I watch the water beautifully channeled to different crops and wonder why this ever had to end. I wonder if this......my adventure my way ever has to end.......

Thank you. Thank all of you. You read my words and whisk me away to the deepest parts of the world that I never imagined I would touch. I travel everyday with each of you. I find myself in the hot desert, glorious mountains and experiencing the rich history all of you have to offer. Because of you I travel around the world. I may not be able to even get out of bed but my adventures never end. You fill me with hope and wonder and teach me everyday. I am forever grateful and truly feel blessed by the love that is shared through the words from one's heart and soul. You move me. You awaken my soul. You heal me.



No comments:

Post a Comment