October 11, 2012

Another Update

Sorry this is just another update and not really a post but I know it is necessary so that all of you will know I am doing fine after the past few days! 

I went in on Monday morning and was checked into the hospital for an MRI/MRA of the brain. They had me all ready and I was in position and I started to panic looking into the tunnel  He asked if I would like a wash cloth over my eyes because that tends to help people. I said we can try it and so he made it so I could not hear or see anything and boy that did not sit well with me!!!!!! They put that thing over your head that locks you into place and I told him I needed that crazy washcloth off! I needed to have a little sense of control and so this way I could open my eyes if needed. So I went into the tube and just tried my best to meditate and breathe so that my body would stay very still. OH MY GOODNESS DID IT WORK! I actually fell asleep in the tube during this test! I was very excited about that!!!!!

I checked out of the hospital and headed to the Mayo Clinic for the next procedure. I checked in and had sometime to visit with my friend Connie. Finally they brought me back, hooked me up to a heart monitor and took my vitals. I went in to the room and before I knew it I was sleeping peacefully  Once the procedure was done it took about an hour to really wake up so that I could go home. They ended up taking a piece of my stomach, small intestines, large intestines and they planted a chip in my esophagus to measure the ph levels over forty eight hours. I could only feel it a bit when I ate the first few times and after that I haven't even noticed it! I turned in the device with all the data yesterday and the chip should slough off and pass within seven days. I thought that was pretty interesting! 

Again, everyone I encountered throughout the entire day was amazing! The nursing staff put me at ease and made the whole thing a lot easier to handle. I am so thankful that I was surrounded by these amazing people who donate their time to patient care. I would have cried at least four times if they were not there to make me laugh! 

All of that is over and we will soon know the results of the MRI/MRA, biopsy results and ph level results. Of course I will let everyone know once we hear something. I do want to say thank you for all of my friends and family who checked in with me through out the process. Surgical procedures are not fun and can be very scary but just knowing I was surrounded by love and support gave me a reason to fight through all of this. It is all over for now and I am so excited that I have a small window of resting and relaxation before I head back in for more tests and procedures. 

Until them I am planting myself in Albuquerque and spending as much time with Tim as I can before I have to head back to Phoenix! He is home, I am well and nothing else seems to matter! 



No comments:

Post a Comment