October 2, 2012

Recess

We can all remember being cooped up in that classroom every morning. We try our very best to concentrate on what our teachers are saying but something is pulling at our young minds. Is it hunger? Is it reading groups? NO, ITS RECESS!!!!!!! We all used to line up and the teacher would tell us to stand very still. There was no pushing, tugging or ditching in front of others. Oh how hard it was to stand still! We all had to have looked like we had ants in ALL of our pants! Finally the sweet bell would ring and we would be released out into the bright sunshine of morning recess! 

Morning recess was the best! It was the perfect time where there would still be a lingering coolness from the morning dew that remained on the grass but the sun was moving closer to its peak so the warmth filled you from head to toe. We started off with jackets but by the end of recess all of our jackets were thrown in this pile by the door. Well, today I got my recess! I am no longer sentenced to bed rest and freedom awaits me outside!!!!! Wooooooo hooooooo!!!!!!!

Tomorrow morning I will start this recess by waking up when the moon still lights our way and Lisa and I will walk little Emma around the golf course. Soon I will be riding my bike again and enjoying that moment when the sun rises and pushes the moon back to its sleeping position! I know Tim will be reading this and I PROMISE I will go slow and still rest the majority of the day. I will listen to my body and its warning aches and pains telling me I have been pushing it just a little tooooooo far. I will go to bed early so I am not rubbing my eyes on our walk. I promise I will only go on the short loops when I start my bike riding BUT eventually my destination will be Krya and Brandt's to visit baby Austin in the morning! 

You see, I saw my new rheumatologist today. At first visit she seems like a wonderful doctor who really listed to me and has made adjustments in the medication to make sure I stay as comfy as my body will allow. We are at the maintaining phase of my Lupus so shot day will have to stay at 5 cc every Thursday. Hey, that is better than 7 cc!!!!!!!! We will take it!!!!!! Maintenance will only last so long and it is inevitable that Lupus will wake up and join us once again at the dinner table BUT when that occurs Benlysta is the way we will go. That is reassuring for me and my family and friends. We have a plan of attach once we need it! 

So, while we are in this maintaining phase I am going to run out every morning with ants in my pants. I will breathe in the cool air and feel the warm sun from head to toe! In my mind I will be making a movie that I can play over and over when the yucks reoccur and all I do is basically watch paint dry. I will visit Krya and baby Austin as much as I can and enjoy the morning walks with Lisa and Emma. This may not last forever but it is perfect for right now!




No comments:

Post a Comment