June 18, 2013

One year and counting!!!!!!!

I remember being in kindergarten and hearing my teacher tell me about middle school, high school and college. Boy did that seem impossible! The time between those events were too much for my little noggin to comprehend but it all happened, just like my teacher told me! Life happened and memories were made that would follow me forever.

Did you know that it has been almost a year since I first posted on my blog. When I started it was a time of change in my life. I had to start a round of testing that lasted almost six months. It was a scary time in my life and I need to reach out. I wanted to always be honest and I wanted to bare everything in my heart and soul. I wanted others to truly feel as if they were a part of my life and what I was experiencing from day to day.

This blog was supposed to be centered around being sick but now I look at it as a sounding board. A way to convey my heart and my thoughts at a particular moment in my life. I wanted it to be small snapshot of my life during those moments. There were moments of fear, loneliness and solitude. There were moments where my life way nothing but lab coats and testing that would resonate to the core of my being and cause so much pain all I could do was lay there and wait for it to pass. There were also moments of surprise and wonder. There was joy and celebration of life even when it was dark. There was happiness and at times you could read the fear melt away.

This blog has saved me. This blog has allowed me to reach out to others and to touch lives and give a better understanding to what it truly means to be sick with a disease that will never go away and then CHOOSE to live with it. I wanted others who struggle everyday to have a place to come to and read someone else's experience. They can laugh and cry but always walk away feeling less alone. All I have ever wanted to do was to allow others to have the opportunity to engage and to learn something.

This was a tribute to those around me who have loved me so unconditionally that a new word should be developed for all of them . Something like fantasmicamazeme!!!!!!  It is not easy choosing to love someone with a chronic illness but if you do be prepared to see the world through rose colored glasses and to open your eyes to horses that if you feed them popcorn will change into unicorns. Expect to experience life to the fullest and never have one regret because why leave this world with regrets when you have time to make them happen?!?!?!?!?!

So, happy birthday to The Things They Don't Tell You!!!!!! You have been my outlet and hope and I can not wait to continue to share my story with others<3


No comments:

Post a Comment