June 5, 2012

My Love

Today I wake up and I look around. It will only be a few more days until Tim relocates to Albuquerque for six months. He is almost all packed and the only thing left to do is to go through the garage and make sure we have all of his mountain biking and motorcycle gear ready to go. Everywhere I look I can see where he is already gone and have started  missing him even before he has left.

I know Tim and I refer to each other as our better halves but Tim truly is just that....my better half. Tim and I met almost six years ago. We met through a wonderful mutual friend who needed Tim's key in order to collect Tim's mail while he traveled for a few weeks. I knocked on his door and the next thing you know we were inseparable! Tim has become my best friends, my rock and truly my soul mate and I am not one to believe in soul mates!!!!!! He knows how to make me laugh at just the right moment. He holds me so tight during the moments of pain. He is the love of my life. How do you say good bye to all of that and leave your love in a new town?

I know how. You never say goodbye because I will be seeing him soon! I will make sure that when Tim is gone he knows just how important he is to me. He saved my life and my heart many years ago. The love and support he gives me every day must be given right back to him in this case. I need to be his rock and his best friend while he is gone. You see, Tim is taking this job for our future as a family and he is making the largest sacrifice in order to do that. Everyday he needs to know how thankful I am for the sacrifices he is making today for our tomorrow. He amazes me and makes me feel so safe and secure in a world that seems to be out to get the two of us! 

I think Tim's biggest fear at this point is me getting sick and me not taking care of myself while he is gone. Well I have news for him........I am going to continue to exercise, go to yoga and I promise to eat my veggies!!!!! Maybe I will Skype when I am eating so his mind can rest at ease. I will be healthy and in disease fighting condition by the time Tim gets home!!!!! This is all he ever asks of me and how can I say no. I will take care of myself so I can extend my life and to make sure I am here for many more happy memories. I will take care of myself so that in the future, when we are ready, my body will be ready to give Tim and myself the gift of a family. Again, this is all he asks. 

All he ever asks of me is always so small compared to what he gives me. I am so thankful for Tim and if you all were able to meet him your life would never be the same. He can change a mood with his smile. He can change your life with his friendship. The love he gives out is unconditional and beautiful. Past the blue eyes, blonde hair and cuteness that can not be measured is a man I could have never even imagined for myself. If I would have told you six years ago what my ideal mate would be.......I would never have come close enough to even describe half of Tim. So, when I say he is miracle, he truly is!

So, Timmy, I love you more than I could ever show you. I will spend a lifetime loving you and supporting every choice you ever make. It is my goal in life to get as healthy as I possibly can for myself and for you. I promise to eat my veggies when you are gone and exercise six days out of the week. I promise to be there for you when you are sad or frustrated from being away from home. I promise to do the I'm a Little Teacup song and dance on Skype just to make you laugh on a bad day. I promise to jump in the car and make the journey to Albuquerque when you need me the most. We may be hundreds of miles a part but I promise I will not be far at all. You see, you are half of me and that half you will take to Albuquerque. I am half of you and that half will stay here in Phoenix. We will never be alone and love will always be right next to you and me through this journey because the half of each other we carry will always make us whole<3


No comments:

Post a Comment