July 25, 2012

Life built on love.

Generosity is the act of giving freely without expecting anything in return. 

Once upon a time a little girl was born healthy and happy! She was born into a family of a mother and a father. I am sure this little one was very spoiled by the constant attention! Over the years the family continued to grow and soon enough the little girl had a little sister to play with along with may cats and dogs. She loved her little sister soooooooo much that she would always want to help her mama with feedings and baths. As both girls grew a bit older the younger sister slobbered on her older sisters toys and that was the beginning of the natural sibling issues!

As she grew older the little girl was clumsy but still loved to dance! She started in ballet but overheard some noise in one of the other areas of the studio. After realizing it was from tap shoes she looked up at her mama and exclaimed......I WANNA MAKE NOISE!!!!!! She sure did make some noise! Her poor mama lived in a house full of tap shoe noise!!! For years she was an avid tap dancer and she was even able to convince her mama to dance with her once a year!

When the little girl was young her family dynamics changed and life as she had once known it also changed. Her mama and dad decided they could not stay married and divorced. She remembered the new stillness in the house with just her mama and sister there. It was hard but the little ladies of the house went on and life was wonderful!

Over the years it was a single parent family and the little girl's mama somehow found away to make do with very little. She would go without new clothes for years so that her growing daughters did not have holes in their shoes. She would bring the girls home Disney movies on special occasions and they would have movie nights! These moments meant so much to this little family. 

You see, the girls grew up without a lot but if you would have stopped them and asked them what they needed, they would have smiled and said absolutely nothing before running out the door to play with their friends! They may not have known what new movies were out or what the latest toy was, they knew and experienced love everyday and that was just enough. 

Time continued on and years and years later the girls are are all grown up. The older sister went on to get her degree in accounting and the younger sister has her master's in psychology. Their mama raised them well along with all of the other friends and family they were surrounded by. There were tough times along the way but that initial foundation of love that they built their lives on made everything turn out just the way it should. 

Today, Holly, the younger sister, my sister, has a beautiful life! She has the sweetest babies (Lauren and Mia) and a husband to keep her on her toes! They even have a giant fluffy dog that used to call me and talk to me over the phone! Yes Holly, I remember the days before the girls came along and I would call begging you to make Bosk talk to me! Holly, you were my first friend in this life and you are my best friend thirty three years later. Distance separates us but all I have to do is look into my heart and you are right there cheering me along the road of life. You are what I think of when I think of my soul mate......you were truly created just for me.

Mama, there is nothing to say. I am who I am today because of you. Your love and support has guided me through tough long nights. You were always there reminding me that there is a light at the end of this dark path. You have taught me about courage and instilled fight into me. You never told Holly and I we could not do something. You made sure we felt as if we had the world at the tip of our fingers and thanks to you we did. I hope we have made you proud.

My life was built on love and yes, I am may leave this world a little less healthier than when I came into it but if you would stop me today and asked me what I needed, I would smile at you and tell you  absolutely nothing as I run out the door to play with my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment