July 13, 2012

Paint your nails red!

It is so hard for me at times to make it through a rough day. I feel less than adequate and at times I feel so defeated by life and by my own body. I look around and I am surrounded by pillows, covers, movies, water and medicine. Minus the medicine it sounds like a great Saturday night in! Well, lately this is an everyday sight for me when I open my eyes in the morning. So the question remains.....how do you get through this time with an ounce of dignity and self worth????? I have figured out this time consuming question for all of us...........PAINT YOUR NAILS RED!!!!!

I love my magazines! I love everything from Real Simple to People and everything in between! Especially in the summer you see so many feet in these magazines! Everyone is wearing a little less and showing off their feet by showcasing them in beautiful sandals. I am instantly drawn to this bright spot that graces the pages......they almost all have red toenails! Is that the key to their glow????? No, that would be LOTS of airbrushing but still when I see red toenails I think of something happy. I think of swimming at the pool, spending time with my sister and most of all I think red nails look sexy!

There is no blushing permitted when reading!!!! For some reason red nails make me feel more like a woman. It is so hard to feel good about yourself all the time in this life we have been selected to live. I find nothing attractive about throwing up after new medicine has been introduced, recovery after surgery and the tears that just can not stop from spilling over. BUT I do feel better going through all of that with a little grace and red nails! 





No comments:

Post a Comment