May 16, 2012

Dance

I swear I stared dancing in my crib!!!! Ok.......I think I started dancing when my dad would practice with his band in the basement. This carried on to childhood dance classes!!!! I was clumsy and I think my mama put me in dance to help my coordination........well, that didn't seem to help BUT the love of dance was sparked and I danced for years!!!!

The one thing I have missed over the years is dancing. The way you can tune the world out and just flow to the music. I miss bringing joy to individuals who appreciate this form of art. I can remember the exact moment I fell in love with my better half Tim......and of course it involves dance. Tim and I were hanging out together and we were loading up the IPOD for a trip we would be taking. We sang and laughed so much!!!! Then a song came on, Canned Heat, that made us both shake our booties!!!! Tim stood up and asked me to dance.....and so we did!!!! We spun around the room, jumped on the bed and danced until we could not breathe!!! Tim has brought movement back into my life as well as my heart and I am so happy that first memory included dancing.

Tim  and still dance but some days it has to be very slow dancing and other days we can jump around! The key is just to move! So, tonight put on your favorite music, your dancing shoes and loose yourself!!! Enjoy the music taking you away from the pain!!!! Lupus may have taken your body but it will never take your mind! Even if you are stuck in bed....shake that booty! I guarantee it will make you smile....even if the smile is for only a moment!

........dance like no one is watching.........Mark Twain


No comments:

Post a Comment