May 8, 2012

Let's begin........

I am looking at today as the beginning of the rest of my life. No, there is no big change.....I'm not getting married or having a baby! I am just a woman who suffers from a chronic disease and I am trying to find my way through the murky waters of what is and what will be.

My name is Danica and I have an autoimmune disease called Lupus. It is an ugly disease and different for every individual who experiences it. It has many forms and many symptoms some of which can lead to misdiagnosis for years. It is frustrating for not only the individual who suffers from the disease but also for their support systems. It is unpredictable and painful. This blog is going to be about me and what I experience through out the life of my disease and hopefully it can related to you as the reader. This is going to be my way of sharing with the world how I am affected and how my loved ones are affected by this disease. As you will see over time, there are good days and bad days and the frequency of each is very unpredictable! In return, that makes life VERY unpredictable!

No one prepares you for this in life and once you have Lupus no one tells you how to LIVE with this......that has been the hardest part for me and my loved ones. We feel very  unprepared at times and afraid of what the next day will bring. Again......it is what they DON'T tell you that seems to affect your life more than anything! So let's figure out how to get through the things you are not warned about or prepared for.....let's figure out what they don't tell us so that next time someone is diagnosed there will be less questions and more answers......here we go!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the positive attitude Danica! I learn just as much about perseverance as I do about Lupus because of you. Big hug and wet dog kisses from Chessie... :-)

    ReplyDelete