May 17, 2012

Silent Support

Over the last five years the most unexpected thing I have encountered was support and love. I always new I was loved and my family would go to the end of the earth for me...it is the kindness and love from complete strangers that share one tie with me......being sick. It is this love and understanding that has picked me up and helped through dark days and nights. From the Lupus forums to the connections you make on Facebook. At work we were talking about Facebook and I told them the only reason I am on Facebook was because it helped me keep in touch with family and old friends......I have to take that back.....I look at my friend list and I see so many faces I have never physically seen but I know them. I know them from the experiences we share with our families, friends and doctors. I can ask about a symptoms and with in minutes I have at least five answers or experiences and THAT I will never stop valuing! They are my invisible support group but one I could never live without. 

To my Lupus family.......I love you all so much and you have taken a piece of my heart with you on your journey and I will always be there when you feel alone.......thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment