May 18, 2012

Good Days......Bad Days

Tonight is a bad night. You see, it is shot night and so I have a course of chemotherapy running through my body. The one thing I have learned over the years on this poison.......whatever is the weakest part of the body is where the medicine seems to settle! That for me is my legs, joints on the fingers.......and as of right now, my lungs. The key to dealing with the pain is to catch it before it gets toooooooo bad. That is hard to do sometimes because it can come on all of a sudden or you may not be somewhere you can medicate yourself. Tonight it was pretty all of a sudden. This will be a "wish a I was a fish night!"

Normally my better half, Tim, is here and just having him next to me helps tremendously! He makes me laugh and keeps my mind off of everything. He is amazing when it comes to the support he gives to me when the pain comes on. He even tickles my back for hours when it gets really bad. The tickles seem to help the nerve endings focus on something other than the pain. Where is Tim tonight???? Well, my amazing love has so many friends in so many circles and he is up north helping our amazing friends at the Overland Expo and I know he is having a fantastic time and yes, I miss him and wish he was here to make me laugh BUT there is no other place he should be than teaching this weekend!!!!!

So, tonight I will grit my teeth, may shed a few tears but most importantly, I will get through it. I will endure the pain and I will focus on the fact that tomorrow is a new day and a new chance for a painless night.


No comments:

Post a Comment