May 27, 2012

Now what?????

As you all know a few weeks ago everyone concerned with me and my health made a very hard decision about  me career at what my body needed in order to heal. We all made the decision to go on short term disability. I had meetings with our payroll department and my boss. The payroll department and I suggested that I go on part time status, that would allow me to keep my insurance and once my body healed I could go back to full time status. My boss decided that this was not an option for my position. That is when we started discussing short term disability. It was very clear and the payroll department was very clear that I needed to be out of work for 30 days in order for the short term disability to kick in. I was terrified when it came to my insurance. So, the payroll department researched everything and explained to me and my boss that if they allow me to stay on as an employee until the two week period my co-workers would donate their personal time to me so that I would not loose my insurance. They were giving me the most amazing gift by doing that! I was so thankful that I could focus on healing and not worry about everything else. Before everything was approved my boss wanted to make sure this was ok and set up a meeting with the assistant director. 

The day after the meeting between payroll, my boss and myself my boss called me in to her office. She looked me in the eye and said that she wanted me to start this process right away. She also made it very clear that I did not need to worry about anything else. She told me to not worry about how long it takes and that I would not be fired and would continue to have health insurance. I was so grateful and Tim finally was able to breathe and know that I could properly take care of myself when he had to leave for his new job. It FINALLY seemed as if the world was embracing Tim and I and showing us that we had not been forgotten or abandoned. That Thursday I left my office for the final time and Tim and I slept so well that night.

Over the last week I have been resting and taking care of myself. I have finally been able to stay off of antibiotics for longer that three days!!!!!! That is a huge deal for me!!!!! I could feel my kidneys smiling and my body just seemed to recover from the Pleurisy that I had been suffering with for over a week!!!!! I was so happy and so relieved. The week continued and into the weekend we went.

Saturday, May 26, 2012, I received a letter in the mail. I was informed that I was fired and my last day would be May 25, 2012 at 5pm. I was not notified that this was happening. This all happened behind my back after I was told face to face by my boss that I would not get fired and my insurance would be fine. I felt so betrayed in a way I can not even begin to explain!!!! Tim's face dropped and we realized I do not have insurance as of right now. I can not pick up my medicine, I can not see the doctor and I can not get the tests done that I need in order for me to treat my Lupus properly. My boss, in one moment, took my life from me without even preparing me for this moment. I will not receive donated time and I do not get the chance to ask why. 

I have an appointment with one for the best Neurologist in Arizona that specializes in MS. Yes, I have spots on my brain and we need to determine if this is scaring or actually plaque build up. This appointment is set for June 7, 2012 and on June 13, 2012 I am scheduled to meet with one of the only doctors who specialize in SLE at the Mayo Clinic here in Scottsdale. We have fought so hard for these appointments and have waited so long! These appointments are so important. My body seems to be revolting from the medications I am on and my immune system is just non existent at this point. We were really hoping with all our hearts and souls that I would start some new medication that would not cause as many side effects. The chemo has just hurt me so much that we believe it is time for a change. Now, this will not be possible and bring on the chemo. 

What now????? Where do we go from here???? I want whom ever is responsible for this to make this right and to be punished for lying and cheating me out of what I was told I would be receiving. I want the director to be aware of what has occurred and the life it has changed. So, that will be my focus for the upcoming weeks. The doctor appointments will be postponed and the appointments with attorneys will begin. I have to put off my fight with my Lupus and start a new fight. We will not rest until this is made right. We have so much love and support from our family's, friends and complete strangers. This love and support will continue to get us through everything we face and in the end we will all celebrate...............so, please continue to send us love and support and pass this on to anyone who will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment